Full Time Referral Coordinator
Our practice is hiring a full time (40 hours per week) referral coordinator. Position will work M-F during normal business hours. This position offers full-time benefits package including paid vacation, insurance, and retirement benefits.
· Contact with insurance companies to obtain necessary referral or authorization,
· Records all necessary information and referral outcome in chart and to patient. Will also serve as liaison between our clinic and referred physician or service. Understands diagnosis codes and referral reasons.
· Maintains good communication with family or patient regarding specialists or facility information, insurance issues, answers any questions patient may have.
· Position backs up Medical Records technician position.
· Maintains strictest state and federal guidelines for release of information and follow all HIPAA guidelines.
· Significant experience in healthcare billing or insurance/referral process.
· Customer service oriented-friendly and able to relate to patients, parents, insurance personnel and providers in our office and the community.
· Good communication skills.
· Computer and keyboarding skills.
· Must be fully immunized per The Youth Clinic immunization policy.
· Positive professional attitude.
· Self motivated.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.50 per hour
Experience: 1 year medical billing experience is preferred.
No phone calls please.
COVID-19 considerations: All employees working in our clinic buildings are required to be COVID-19 immunized.