What Is a Family-Centered Medical Home?
A medical home is accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective care (AAP policy statement, 2002, reaffirmed 2008). The Youth Clinic has earned a Level 3 Designation, which is the highest level of recognition as a certified patient-centered medical home.
As your medical home, our practice is a central resource for all of your childcare needs. At a medical home, your providers and their staff will see your child for routine well care check-ups, striving to make you feel like an important part of the health care team. You are welcome and encouraged to participate in all aspects of your child’s care.
As your medical home we will:
• Care for your child when he or she is both sick and well to help your whole family stay well.
• Help you plan your child’s care and/or set goals for care now and in the future.
• Inform you and answer your questions about any testing or treatment that your child may need.
• Work with you and other care providers to coordinate care.
Your child’s appointment will be more productive and efficient if you:
• Are prepared to share how your child is doing (e.g. at play, at school, sleeping, eating, etc.).
• Bring a list of your main questions and concerns.
• Bring in the contact information for any other providers your child sees.
Access and Communication
Our practice wants to be available when you need us. Please ask about any special communication or access needs that you or your children may have.
Hours & Locations