Full Time Referral Coordinator
Our busy Pediatric Medical practice is seeking a full time Referral Coordinator. This position will primarily be scheduled M-F daytime hours between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
All employees working in our clinics are required to be fully Covid-19 vaccinated, including a booster vaccine.
Background check will be conducted. Full benefits package is included for employees working 28 hours or more per week.
- Contact with insurance companies to obtain necessary referral or authorization,
- records all necessary information and referral outcome in chart and to patient. Will also serve as liaison between our clinic and referred physician or service. Understand diagnosis codes and referral reasons.
- Maintains good communication with family or patient regarding specialists or facility information, insurance issues, answers any questions patient may have.
- Position backs up Medical Records technician position.
- Maintains strictest state and federal guidelines for release of information and follow all HIPAA guidelines.
- Significant experience in healthcare billing or insurance/referral process.
- Customer service oriented-friendly and able to relate to patients, parents, insurance personnel and providers in our office and the community.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must be fully immunized per The Youth Clinic immunization policy.
- Positive professional attitude.
- Self motivated.
Pay range: $18.00 – $20.50/Hour