As a parent, here is what to expect at a Healthy Lungs appointment:
- Develop an understanding of the difference between a healthy airway and an asthmatic airway and what occurs when their child is having an asthma attack.
- Gain a general understanding of how their child’s asthma medication works and how each medication works to control specific symptoms.
- Learn the difference between a quick-relief medication and a long-term controller medication and when their child should be using their medication.
- Develop the ability to demonstrate how to accurately use and care for their child’s asthma inhalers and equipment.
- Learn about and create their child’s Asthma Action Plan.
- Will be able to identify their child’s environmental triggers and how to avoid them.
- Learn how to handle emergency asthma situations.
Parents can request a Healthy Lungs referral from their child’s provider and then we will reach out to schedule you and your child a one-on-one appointment with one of our Healthy Lungs educators.
How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer
How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer and a Mask