The Youth Clinic’s annual Express Flu Clinics have begun for 2020! Express Flu Clinics are for assistance in the prevention of influenza virus (flu) through the 2020 annual vaccine and additional professional informational resources made available to patients upon visits.
Available on select dates this Fall from Aug. 20 – Oct. 2, all Express Flu Clinic services will be administered at the 1200 E. Elizabeth office location by appointment only.
Clinics will be held after hours weekdays starting at 5:30 pm and Saturdays at 8:00 am on the following dates:
- Saturday, 9/12
- Wednesday, 9/16
- Saturday, 9/19
- Wednesday, 9/23
- Saturday, 9/26
- Tuesday, 9/29
- Saturday, 10/3
- Wednesday, 10/7
- Tuesday, 10/13
- Saturday, 10/17
To accommodate varying schedules, the following mini-clinics are to be held during business hours on select Friday’s only:
- Friday, 9/11
- Friday, 9/18
- Friday, 9/25
- Friday, 10/2
Services are applicable to any individual over 6 months of age, including those over 50 years of age. The Youth Clinic kindly requests optimal preparation when booking appointments, noting the number of patients, and providing birth dates of each.
Changes for COVID-19:
For social distancing purposes:
- It is essential for families to adhere to appointment times. Early and late arrivals will not be accommodated.
- Families will now wait in their cars in the general parking area until notified via text.
- Once notified, a Youth Clinic staff member will greet families at the door to take to a room.
Before entering the office:
- Everyone over the age of 2 will be required to wear masks. There will be no exceptions.
- Completion of the Phreesia Pre-visit check-in is required.
- Temperatures will be taken for all family members (regardless if they have an appointment) and if anyone has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, all family members’ appointments will be rescheduled.
For the most effective communication with the office:
- Please make sure a current cell phone number and email address on file for all visiting family members.
- Families must notify the office who will be accompanying the patient to their appointment and provide their cell phone number.
- Direct communication with further instructions will be sent via text from the Youth Clinic on the day of each appointment. Families will need to reply to this message upon arrival at the clinic.
Please be advised the following regarding the available flu vaccine (flu mist not available):
- Inactive (dead) virus
- Preservative Free
- Intramuscular-shot given in arm or leg
- May cause minor, temporary symptoms, but will not result in virus contraction
- Note past severe reaction to previous flu vaccines
- Parent Note: Flu shots given to parents will be billed to insurance
For more information, please visit our Express Flu Clinics page.