We are open and continuing to provide care for children in Northern Colorado. Doctor appointments are considered essential services and the Youth Clinic is here for your family’s healthcare needs. If you have an appointment scheduled we will be here ready to see your family and continuing to work diligently to provide a safe place for children to receive health care by taking precautionary measures to ensure that all patients and staff remain safe and healthy.
We believe it is now even more important than ever to provide great care for the children of our community. Children are still at vastly more risk of chronic illnesses such as strep throat, influenza, ear infections, injuries, etc. and require care. Properly diagnosing patients and providing the proper treatment will continue to benefit our entire community. Providing ongoing well-child care and immunizations will also benefit our patients and the health of our community. We are reminding parents that we are available to provide the treatment needed for such urgent care instances and will also continue to provide well-child care and immunizations for patients at three select locations (Oak Park Drive, East Elizabeth, and MCR) during the Coronavirus outbreak.
The Youth Clinic is now also offering telemedicine visits, available to patients for select appointment types. Patients who would like a telemedicine visit will need to sign up through the patient portal. Questions regarding telemedicine visits can be answered by calling the appointment scheduling line: 970.482.2515
To balance the needs of all of our patients, and prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, we have implemented several new measures including, but not limited to:
- Designated “sick” and “well” office locations and staff
- Not allowing any of our staff to work while sick
- Testing any staff with respiratory illness
- Providing telemedicine for patients needing routine medication evaluations
Please note the following changes to our location services and all scheduled appointments:
- Effective Immediately – the Timnath Office will be a sick-only clinic. It is only open to patients experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd – we are rescheduling all Well Care visits initially scheduled at the Timnath Office to one of the other three Well Care offices previously listed above (Oak Park Drive, East Elizabeth, and MCR). This decision was made to ensure that we are containing appointments for potential COVID-19 cases to one office (Timnath) to better manage and help stop the spread of germs. All parents with appointments scheduled at the Timnath Office will be notified of their new visit location via phone by a member of The Youth Clinic staff.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd – all Colorado University School Of Medicine Specialty Clinics scheduled at the Timnath Office will be moved to our Oak Park Drive office.
- Effective Wednesday, April 1st Hours will be as follows
Oak Park Office – 9 AM – 3PM Mon-Fri
East Elizabeth – 9 AM – 3 PM Mon-Wed
MCR Office – 9 AM – 3 PM Thr-Fri
Timnath Office – 9 AM – 3PM Mon-fri
Pediatric Urgent Care – 10 AM-4 PM 7 days/wk.
Below are additional measures we’re taking to maintain a healthy environment:
- Effective Monday, March 16th all patients must complete appointment registration ahead of the appointment utilizing our online registration system Phreesia. This is to ensure patients with a risk of COVID-19 will be seen with precautions in place to minimalize the risk of spreading the virus.
- Patients who don’t complete the pre-visit information will need to utilize their mobile phones to complete the check-in process at all The Youth Clinic offices to keep the spread of germs to a minimum.
- If arriving for an appointment without checking-in online and have recently traveled or have known exposure to COVID-19, please complete the check-in using your mobile phone and wait in your car. When a room is ready, a member of The Youth Clinic staff will alert you and escort you to your room. This is to minimize the amount of traffic within facility waiting rooms.
- While The Youth Clinic is always committed to sanitation and a clean patient environment, additional implementation of a strict and detailed cleaning regimen has been put in place at all offices. This regimen includes additional cleaning and disinfecting of all hard surfaces, door handles, front desk and waiting rooms.
- The Phone Nurse Triage line will have additional staff working to help field questions from concerned parents and patients. There is a lot of information swirling around in the news, social media, and word of mouth. If you have concerns please call our line for credible information regarding the current state of the virus and how you can take precautions to stay healthy.
- To decrease traffic within offices and take measures against the spread of germs, all classes and group meetings scheduled at The Youth Clinic and Pediatric Urgent Care facilities are canceled until further notice.
Learn more about social distancing recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
If you have questions on the above information or about upcoming appointments please contact us at 970.267.9510.