Asthma Education: Don’t just cope with Asthma. Control it. The Youth Clinic is proud to offer customized asthma care and education for our patients. Asthma education topics include: asthma management goals, daily management of asthma, common asthma triggers, and more.
As a parent or patient, what can I expect at an asthma education appointment?
- Develop an understanding of the difference between a healthy airway and an asthmatic airway and what occurs when their child is having an asthma attack
- A general understanding of how their child’s asthma medication works and how each medication works to control specific symptoms
- Know the difference between a quick-relief medication and a long-term controller medication and when their child should be using their medication
- Will be able to demonstrate how to accurately use and care for their asthma inhalers and equipment
- Education on their child’s Asthma Action Plan
- Will be able to identify their environmental triggers and learn how to avoid them
- Learn how to handle emergent asthma situations
Families and patients can sign up for Healthy Lungs and education sessions with one of our asthma educators by calling 970-488-2511, or by speaking to their provider.
Helpful external resources for asthma education:
Please click here for information to help you clear your home of asthma triggers!
How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer:
How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer and a Mask: