Asthma Education: Don’t just cope with Asthma. Control it. The Youth Clinic is proud to offer customized asthma care and education for our patients. Asthma education topics include asthma management goals, daily management of asthma, common asthma triggers, and more.
As a parent or patient, what can I expect at an asthma education appointment?
- Develop an understanding of the difference between a healthy airway and an asthmatic airway and what occurs when their child is having an asthma attack
- A general understanding of how their child’s asthma medication works and how each medication works to control specific symptoms
- Know the difference between a quick-relief medication and a long-term controller medication and when their child should be using their medication
- Will be able to demonstrate how to accurately use and care for their asthma inhalers and equipment
- Education on their child’s Asthma Action Plan
- Will be able to identify their environmental triggers and learn how to avoid them
- Learn how to handle emergent asthma situations
Families and patients can sign up for Healthy Lungs and education sessions with one of our asthma educators by calling 970-488-2511, or by speaking to their provider.
Helpful external resources for asthma education:
Please click here for information to help you clear your home of asthma triggers!
How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer:
How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer and a Mask: