Traveling abroad? There are a lot of things to consider, especially for children who are traveling abroad for the first time. Our Healthy Travels program provides comprehensive and individualized information re: needed vaccinations, treating common travel illnesses, and health resources available when away from home.
What services does The Youth Clinic’s Travel Clinic provide?
- Comprehensive and individualized assessment of the traveler’s itinerary and health history.
- Travel immunizations and prophylaxis including Hepatitis A, TdaP and Malaria.
- Information about travel illnesses including traveler’s diarrhea.
- Counseling regarding food and water safety.
- Completion of any required travel paperwork related to health and immunizations.
- A customized Travel Handbook and Travel Kit will be provided.
Who can visit the Travel Clinic?
Any active patient of The Youth Clinic that has had a Well Care Visit within the past 12 months.
Does my insurance cover the visit?
Most insurance companies do not cover travel immunizations or consultation. You will be asked to pay $50 prior to the visit. A $25 charge will be assessed for each sibling traveling at the same time if applicable. Cash, check or credit card is accepted.
When and how do I schedule an appointment?
Ideally, six weeks prior to travel to ensure proper spacing of required travel immunizations and prophylaxis. Please call 970-267-9510 ext. 1803 for more information about our Travel Clinic or to schedule an appointment.